Job Application Procedures
|CITY OF ATHENS
Human Resources Department
508 E Tyler St
Athens, TX 75751-2068
p: (903) 677-6612 | f: (903) 675-7562 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION
- Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with the City of Athens. Applications are accepted for posted positions only. You are welcome to apply for more than one position; however, YOU MUST COMPLETE A SEPARATE APPLICATION FOR EACH POSITION YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR. Applications are valid for the duration of each announcement.
- Please complete this application in type or neat, legible print (using black or blue ink). A resume and/or other documents will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application; however, you may submit additional documents with the application.
- The information you provide on this application should clearly reflect your suitability to the position you are applying for. Your employment record, position-related educational requirements, skills, knowledge, abilities, qualification, and experience will be evaluated based upon the information you provide in this application. Your application will be referred to the hiring department only if the minimum requirements as described in the Job Vacancy Notice are met. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by the Human Resources Department.
- In order for your application to be considered complete, you must answer all questions in this application. AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Any information that you provide in this application, accompanying documents, and/or give verbally to the City of Athens is subject to verification. Falsification, misrepresentation, or omissions of fact may be grounds for rejection of your application, or subsequent termination of employment if hired. A comprehensive pre-employment reference and background screening will be conducted on all applications as permitted by law. Comments such as “See Resume” are not acceptable and may result in the application being considered incomplete.
- If we are unable to consider your application, you may receive no further notice. Due to the large volume of employment inquiries received, we regret that we are unable to provide a more personal response to your application.
- The City of Athens promotes a drug-free work environment and requires all applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment to successfully complete a drug screening test. A physical examination, driving record, and/or criminal history check may also be required after a conditional offer has been extended.
- This application and any accompanying document (s) submitted for consideration of employment become the property of the City of Athens and will not be returned to the applicant.
- This application becomes public record and is subject to disclosure in accordance with the Texas Government Code Ann. § 552-Public Information Act.
The City of Athens is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in its workplace.